Monday 1 August 2016

Packing, Statistics and Shows

PACKING
In today's photo you will see the bare essentials I've decided on for a month in Edinburgh. We have:

The Leyton Golf Visor
My one prop, which will no doubt be lost in a bar less than a week in.

A Roland Speaker System
For those venues where the PA's broken or has no mixer attached to it for my backing tracks. If push comes to shove I can plug a mic into it as well and ignore the house PA entirely.

100 CD Copies of "Straight Otta Leyton"
To encourage Mirthquake attendees to put £5 in the bucket and get one "free". Printing "Edinburgh 2016" on it should hopefully ensure that even if they hate me they'll buy it as a souvenir for someone they don't like.

Video Camera and Tripod
For the days when Mirthquake has lots of people in it.

Business Cards
In case Live at the Apollo don't know how to Google my name.

iPod
In case I lose my iPhone and the backing tracks on it.

25 Mirthquake Posters in a Tube (+ poundshop blue tac)
Enough posters to put one up every day in the venue when the previous one is inevitably torn down by rabid fans.

20 Batteries
Yes, the speaker system runs on actual batteries.

Two books from a Leyton charity shop
They were 99p each and buy-2-get-1-free. The other is in my backpack. The flat doesn't have a TV and I suspect the internet will run like a slug on valium when every Mirthquaker is logged on.

Cables
So many cables for every kind of mixing desk and PA system in existence.

Clothes
Buried under everything else. May well need to be burnt before I return.

Towel
For wearing like a boxer after an intense set of rapping. Also useful in the bathroom.

STATISTICS
Credit where it's due. Last year Ian Lane posted various stats about his show everyday on Facebook and it's inspired me to do the same. I promise to tell the whole truth with these stats to reflect the glory / grim reality of being in an Edinburgh Fringe show. Stats in brackets represent the totals for the whole run:

Shows Performed: 0 (0)
Bums on seats at Mirthquake: 0 (0)
Money in the Mirthquake bucket: £0 (£0)
Steps walked according to my poundshop pedometer: 0 (0)
CDs Remaining: 100

SHOWS
As promised, here's my full month of shows so far. It's not a bad start but I expect to pick up more once I'm there.


(Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment