Sunday 20 August 2017

Edinburgh: Day 16

It was another busy day with both Tight Tens and First World Problems. Firstly though I was at Whistlebinkies for some lunchtime comedy and it was nicely busy. I managed to trip whilst running around doing self-checkout related high fives but recovered quickly. The other acts were decent too.

Tight Tens had a ridiculous number of people in and we had to turn plenty away. They were a very warm bunch and loved every set - which included a bonus one as one act was running late and I drafted in Matt Duwell to cover. The late comer arrived and 4 acts became 5. Upon exit, more than one person commented they couldn't believe the quality at a free show. Thumbs up.

First World Problems had a great and diverse audience of all ages and backgrounds. The four boys on the front row, aged 10-13, got thoroughly stuck into the tracks and did some great additional backing vocals with me on Clicking Like. The adults that made up the rest of the audience were very vocal too. I did some of what I consider to be my best crowd work - though admittedly this involved a joke about farting in the bath. For young boys and their parents this was of course comedy gold though. Anna's dance moves kept heads turning from her to me constantly. Show complete the bucket was decent with plenty of compliments. All that was left to do was head home for some Chinese take-away and find my video camera had failed to record any of it.

THE STATS:
Clash of the Tight Tens: Citizens / Donations: 39 / £73.90
Andy Quirk's Got First World Problems: Crew Members / Donations: 22 / £54.20

No comments:

Post a Comment